Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bento Box


I would love to do commissioned quilting (well I thought I did), but it turns out that I can't handle doing what other people want me to do. This is my first and only commissioned piece kinda. Nia, my doula for Soley, asked for a quilt, and we even went to the fabric store to pick out the fabrics (this was two years ago). She asked for a quilt that wasn't too busy and didn't have a lot of reds in it. However, I could not listen to her because I was sure that what she wanted would not work and I knew better: that the fabrics she chose would make a perfect bento box. So I went ahead and made it and it is much too busy and I'm sure too red for her. I have began another one that I think is closer to what she wants but I'm stalled on it and lost motivation because I'm a brat and it's not what I wanted to make. (perhaps I'm not ready to take commissions, it seems to involve a certain zen- non-attachment and I'm not there yet)

No comments: